Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hello All

Hello! My name is Whitney and this is my first weather blog. With this blog I will talk about the Starkville, MS area but will also be covering some things up in the Chicago area and big weather events that happen across the United States. The reason why I will focus somewhat on the Chicago area is being that is the area I am from.
The Starkville area has been quite lately due to some high pressure and fronts that have passed over us causing drier air. That will soon be changing because we are expected to have a cold front pass through around Thursday. Right before this front comes through we will have a spike in temperatures bring us to the low 80's for Thursday. Friday we will be in the mid 70's but Saturday the temperatures will drop to the mid 60's. This Fall like weather should stick around for a little while.
As for the Chicago area this area will be impacted by the cold front also which will bring in much colder temperatures than we have been seeing the past couple of days. When the front comes through on Thursday it will give this area a chance of rain with a highs in the mid 60's. Friday's temperatures drop down to around 50 and Saturday the high will be in the mid 40's. With this front our lows will be in the mid 30's by Friday night. This will give this area a chance of rain/snow.

4 comments:

Abs said...

Whitney got a blog! haha, this is for a class I take it?

Whitney said...

Haha, yes it is! This is my "Weather Blog"!

Abs said...

I just added the link. It's on the right side of my page just about the blog archive.

Hollie said...

Whitney... Welcome to the Blog world!!!!